Cult: Soil

You mentioned that your soil is slightly acid.  I wonder if that has more
effect than one might think. Plus your theory about the warmth. (We still
aren't getting out of the 50's at night.  But daytime temps are climbing.)
I know I'm always amazed that the iris here seem to just grow right out of
the limestone.

This time of year, I collect the old used aspen cooler pads that people use
here for their air conditioning system.
Some of these are just filled w lime collected through the years in their
system and deposited onto these pads.

I've been known in a hurry, to just throw a hardy unknown iris w just it's
roots under the pad and a little sand on top. Water when I think about it
and the iris grows .  Over at other house, I called these iris my clunker
doesn't seem to matter what you do to them, they grow.  I don't have room
here for that sort of thing, but it was fun to see those old iris survive.

Linda in CW AZ

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type Image/jpeg which had a name of classic_border03.jpg]