Re: HYB: help - breeding non-messy hafts?

  • Subject: Re: HYB: help - breeding non-messy hafts?
  • From: Paul Archer <pharcher@mindspring.com>
  • Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 17:51:50 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

I have a few seedlings out of 'Good Show' that are clean.  'Good Show' itself has clean hafts but tends to have a faint amount of darker veining around the beard and gets intensified in it's seedlings depending on what it is crossed with.  All of the non-hafty ones are in the carotenoid shades, but that is probably because and I wasn't crossing or looking for blues or others.  The one blue I did cross it with was already hafty and didn't like them as plants and they got tossed.  So if you are looking to broaden your color range it might be a good choice as it will throw pure yellows and pure pinks with good form.  Moderately fertile both directions as well.

Paul Archer
Indianapolis, IN  Zone 5