From: thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com>
To: iris-talk <iris@hort.net>
Sent: Mon, 4 May 2009 8:13 am
Subject: [iris] RE: HYB: Rose scent

[...]
Hi Anner, it's good to hear from you again [I had been a little worried and was
on the verge of e-mailing you :0)]. You wrote:

"that among the fragrances cataloged in the AIS 1939 Check List is 'rose.' So,
for that matter, are waterlily, may-apple, celery, and the scent of the flowers
of poplar and dogwood"

I'm not familiar with waterlily, may-apple, poplar and dogwood scents, but I can
vouch for the celery scent. That's exactly the thought that came to mind when I
smelled the scent of my two newly registered diploid MTB rebloomers (CRICKET
SONG and EASY SMILE). It's not exactly the kind of scent one's hoping for in a
flower, but I guess it's not unpleasant.