Re: Re: OT-Bio: Rusty Thornsburg

  • Subject: Re: Re: OT-Bio: Rusty Thornsburg
  • From: Rusty Thornsburg <thornrt@gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 16:07:00 -0500

Thank you everyone for the kind words and the warm welcome back.

Anner: I am growing Thornbird again.  "Still" isn't correct; as soon as I
vacated the premises, my garden was mowed over so I was seven years
iris-free before planting it along with others this past September.  Looking
at it with a more mature (I guess) eye, I think it has an odd attractiveness
that earns it a spot in my garden.  My favorites this year, though, were
Electric Shock, Ice For Brice, Bell Bottom Blues, Pieces of April,
Mesmerizer, Splashacata, Conjuration, Secret Rites, Morning Mood, and Baltic
Star.  All are doing so well increase-wise, and they all bloomed
spectacularly this year.

I still like the weird ones -- I'm captivated by the Secret Rites line of
Keith Keppel's -- but I am really enjoying seeing all these irises (many of
which I coveted years and years ago) bloom in my garden.

Linda: Right now all I could show you pictures of would be seed pods.  As
soon as something blooms you all will be the first to know.  After the
mailman, the clerk at the gas station, my long-suffering coworkers...