Re: OT-Bio: Rusty Thornsburg

<<Looking at it with a more mature (I guess) eye, I think it has an odd attractiveness that earns it a spot in my garden.? >>

U betcha! I'm more mature than you,?and I still think it is a gawjus flower. The "inconsistency" in bloom never bothered me a whit. It's nothing. verily nothing I say,?compared to the variability of some?non-iris flowers. Camellias come rushing to mind.

<< I still like the weird ones>>

Me, too. Maybe we should call them 'highly distinctive,'?or possibly, 'sui generis'.?How high-toned is that? Now, somewhere around?here is probably listmember Christian, who, as I?understand her,?likes them about as odd as she can get them,?preferably flat, and preferably pretty.

There is a photos list now, too.?A Yahoo group, I believe. I just watch it?in the Archives at hort.net. Some fellow is posting?photos of some really fabulously endearing dwarfs these days--cute cute cute--?and Lowell has some?new stuff up that is really snazzy. Donald is turning out to be a whizbang with arils.

Anner Whitehead
Richmond VA USA Z7