RE: Beginner questions

  • Subject: RE: Beginner questions
  • From: "Francelle" <fjmjedwards@q.com>
  • Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 23:32:58 -0700

Where do you live to have snow on the ground, Bill?  Here in southern
Arizona temperatures are in the upper 90s with 100s predicted for the rest
of the week.  Bye Bye any chance of setting any more pods.
To answer your questions:  I usually set only two pods per stalk.  More may
be possible, but I haven't tried it.  Neither have I tried to set two pods
on the terminal.  I would think there might be a chance that they would
interfere with each other while developing.
Here the stigmatic lip is receptive for only a few hours.  I need to get the
blossom in the early morning right after it has opened.  I have even forced
half opened buds to pollinate them and they took.
Good luck with your greenhouse pods.

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9