Re: Re: HYB: help - breeding non-messy hafts?

  • Subject: Re: Re: HYB: help - breeding non-messy hafts?
  • From: Paul Archer <pharcher@mindspring.com>
  • Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 15:33:18 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

I haven't acquired many hafty types. not sure if that was on purpose or not.  As far as crossing to get rid of it...I haven't gotten that far as I'm pretty focused on other characters at the moment.  The haftiest ones I can recall are Best Bet and Chinese Treasure and good ol' Frank Adams and their kids haven't been to bad in the haft area, nothing glaring that I can recall of there was enough to choose from that I didn't mind tossing them.  The plicatas I have worked with have been Jessie's Song, Light Beam, Chicasaw Sue and Purple Pepper and most of their kids I've selected have veinging around the beard area.

The two seedlings might help with rebloom as Good show is a rebloom carrier and Beverly Sills does rebloom, just not here or NC

Oh yeah, and you asked if you should gow them in pots ot put them straight int he ground?  Well, I guess you are the better judge at that but it sems like you you had better start them in pots until you have enough to split some off to try in the ground.  They might do better in the ground when acclimated as well.