Re: breeding 6 fall bearded Irises

  • Subject: Re: breeding 6 fall bearded Irises
  • From: greenthumbs <greenthumbs777@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 06:58:02 -0700 (PDT)

I looked up 'Falling For You' and it looks quite similar to 'Six Pack'. You do
know if there is any common ancestry involved?

I think 25% seems like quite a
good rate for a mutation? If I could get a rate that high, I would be quite
pleased. I breed fowl and that is about the same rate as for some of their

The somewhat fickle nature of the flat trait not always
holding true is something I've read about, but have yet to witness with the
ones I have here. Does that seem more or less frequent some yrs than other?

--- On Wed, 5/27/09, Michael Sutton