HYB: ? rebloom genetics (was Renown x Immortality)

  • Subject: HYB: ? rebloom genetics (was Renown x Immortality)
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 09:47:42 -0400

Maybe I should have asked the question differently - any of you care to speculate on how the rebloom genes from these two breeding lines might pair up and express (or not express) themselves with rebloom?

I've been trying to combine IMM & VM lines here - nothing to show for it yet, & am not sure it's a good idea to even try. Too many bad things from both sides.

IMMORTALITY = I DO X ENGLISH COTTAGE

RENOWN = MATRIX X SUKY

Expanded pedigrees:

IMM = [GRAND BAROQUE x AMY] X [((CRINKLED IVORY x AUTUMN SENSATION) x (GRAND BAROQUE) x CROSS STITCH]

RENOWN = [(VIOLET MIRACLE x (SISTER HELEN x I DO)] X [VIOLET MIRACLE x VICTORIA FALLS]

<Have any of you tried crossing these two, either direction? Just wondering how the rebloom genes from these two would pair up - early fall/summer or just late cycle? Or not much rebloom of any kind.>

Linda Mann
TN