Re: HYB: ? rebloom genetics (was Renown x Immortality)

  • Subject: Re: HYB: ? rebloom genetics (was Renown x Immortality)
  • From: autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 15:53:54 -0400

<<any of you care to speculate on how the rebloom genes from these two breeding lines might pair up and express (or not express) themselves with rebloom??>>
Both?Immortality & Renown?share the genes of I Do.?

I'd not made any crosses with Renown x Immortality or the reverse, but . . .

Since you put it that way. . .

((Silverado x Immortality) x (Bridge In Time x Feed Back x Titan's Glory ))) X Star Gate.

BIT has Immortality so that is Immortality2 and Feed Back2 & the other half of Star Gate is Violet Miracle.? Dreams in Flight, which doesn't rebloom, came from this cross, but there was about half a dozen rebloomers with varying degrees of rebloom.? Most were white with one dark purple and one pale blue. ?A white rebloomer from this cross may be introduced.?

The pod parent and all of it's siblings were white.? All of the non rebloomers, Silverado, Glistening Icicle, & Titan's Glory, were for form.? More direct crosses back to rebloomers that bloom in the summer are needed to strengthen the rebloom tendency.?

Doubt a straight Renown x Immortality cross would?look the same, but it should give some strong rebloom.?

Pondering possibilities!?

Betty W.
KY Zone 6