Re: CULT: Alfalfa After Bloom?

  • Subject: Re: CULT: Alfalfa After Bloom?
  • From: "Linda Smith" <irisgrower@cableone.net>
  • Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 09:19:06 -0700

Anner,

I think alfalfa pellets for my area are very beneficial but in liquid form.
They have many micro nutrients that our soil needs here. They melt really
fast in a bucket of water.  So if I get around to using them again, that
will be my choice of method to apply.

I made the mistake of just throwing pellets, and the ones that landed
directly on rhizome, caused a problem.   I haven't heard of anyone else
having this problem.

 I've also heard of people having trouble w rabbits and other animals, but I
don't know that I experienced this.  Rabbits usually stay out of my yard as
I have working cats.

 I've been told not to use rabbit pellets.  I compared the ingredients and
my conclusion was that rabbit pellets have salt. Does anyone else have an
opinion or more in depth knowledge? I've heard other reason, but can't
remember what they were.

 Linda in CW AZ