RE: OT: website hosting
  • Subject: RE: OT: website hosting
  • From: "Steve Szabo" <steve@familyszabo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 20:22:07 -0400

I placed my wife's two sites up on www.1and1.com about two years ago, and it
has worked out very well for her. She also uses the mail hosting to handle
mail from her two web sites. You can look at them, though it really won't
tell you much, at www.wonderfulfriends.com and www.vadsr.org.

I also have an account a www.ixhosting.com, but have not yet put a site up.
I have just been using it for e-mail for that domain. They are a bit less
expensive than 1and1, but I have suffered more outages for various periods
of time, only one long enough to really notice, so far as e-mail goes, in 6
months than I have seen with the 2 years or so at 1and1.