Re: TB:Garden:color:help
iris@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: TB:Garden:color:help
  • From: Jeffrey Walters <jeffwiris@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 06:13:05 -0700 (PDT)

Betty,

Given the disance that the bed is to be located from the road and the fact that the intended viewers will be in moving vehicles, perhaps the visual impact could be enhanced not only by interspersing darker and lighter colored varieties, but also by planting them in groups of say 3 to 5 of each (that is light and dark, not individual cultivars) together.

Jeff Walters
in upstate South Carolina
(USDA Zone 7b)