Re: TB: question - colorfast yellows?
  • Subject: Re: TB: question - colorfast yellows?
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 06:33:44 -0400

Yes, it does.  Do you know if it is colorfast in other climates?  Or if
the parents are?

<Does this fit your concept of deep yellow? >

I'm really just trying to learn more about colorfastness of yellows.
Folks mention it here now and then, and I read comments in the Bulletin
in garden tour reports, but I don't know the extent of the "problem".  I
have a couple of seedlings that definitely are <not> colorfast, plus a
couple that are colorfast here in my growing conditions.

But I don't know if what's colorfast here in our relatively weak sun
would be colorfast out in the hotter, drier climates?  Or if there are
lots of colorfast yellows or if they are hard to find? & whether or not
certain breeding lines are known to produce color fast yellows or vice

This deep yellow from AUTUMN RIESLING X RENOWN has been colorfast here &
I'd like to use it (assuming it will be fertile sometime!, not this
year), but would like to know more about colorfastness & heredity of

Thanks in advance for any inside info you folks can share.

Or I can always learn the hard way ;-)

Linda Mann east TN USA zone 7

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of autumn reisling x renown sm016.jpg]