Re: HYB: REB: combining rebloom lines - request?
  • Subject: Re: HYB: REB: combining rebloom lines - request?
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 07:29:12 -0400

Thanks for the tip, Chuck. According to the online database, it was introduced in 1991.

?====Anybody have a 1991 Avonbank Gardens catalog?

I figure the "summer" rebloom "ability" genes will be there, but it seems like there is a suite of other genes affecting growth rate or temperature tolerances or who knows what that have to be there in the right combination as well. From my <very> limited experience and understanding of things others have said, it seems like some crosses that "should" produce "summer" rebloomers are better at it than others.

Betty, I checked the archives, and found that I reported SUNNY DISPOSITION blooming Sept 21, 2003, about a month before first freeze and start of typical cycle bloomers. It was its first summer here, purchased the preceding fall, so may have still been a bit mixed up. Hard to say if that is "summer" or HoM type cycle since both bloom about that time here.

?=== Do either LILLA or MAC SHAWE (from SUNNY D) "summer" bloom for anybody? I have both, but neither has rebloomed.

<Lloyd mixed up his crosses a lot. So a number of his fall cyclic rebloomers
also  had summer rebloom genes.

He did document a lot of his  crosses in detail in his catalogue "Avonbank
Gardens" so notes on this cross are probably available in old copies  of the

Chuck Chapman>

Linda Mann east TN USA zone 7