Re: Re: HYB: orange pigment extraction
  • Subject: Re: Re: HYB: orange pigment extraction
  • From: Chuck Chapman <irischapman@aim.com>
  • Date: Fri, 06 May 2011 08:32:44 -0400

I haven't seen much variation from cultivar to cultivar. And plastids in iris
are basicly sphere. Can have different shapes in other flowers

Not nearly as many plastids as in some other flowers. Pansies for instance
have spherecial plastids and 2-3  times a many as iris.

Grinding up  flowers and filtering  works well for pigment removal.

Intact petals can have some waxy coating and various substance  can obviously
make a difference.

Chuck Chapman