HYB: lining out seedlings
  • Subject: HYB: lining out seedlings
  • From: Linda Mann <747mann@gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 06:10:15 -0400

I'm trying something new this year.  In the past, I never seem to get
around to digging and lining out the best of the seedlings until they
are a huge tangled mess.  Trying to coordinate my ability to prepare
beds, ID the seedlings I want to line out, get them dug, get them
planted, and heat
stroke hasn't seemed to happen.

So this year, I've simply been tagging the stalks I want to line out,
then cutting out a bit of increase and putting it in a pot of miracle
gro.  If they wind up back in the ground sometime between now and
fall, that will be great.  If not, at least I can get them in the
ground next spring before bloom season starts.  And if not that, at
least they will be in pots where I can find and ID them!

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7