HYB: parents for 'best' form
  • Subject: HYB: parents for 'best' form
  • From: Linda Mann <747mann@gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 10:32:57 -0400

Now that bloom has slowed down, am trying to catch up on email (in
spite of server not cooperating at the moment).  Someone asked me
which parents I'd found biggest help to improve form - can't remember
if it was here, private email, or facebook.

With caveats that 'best' form is subject to individual preferences,
and it depends on what gene pool I'm starting with, so far TREASURED
has provided the best overall upgrade I've tried so far.  It has given
substance, width, and just the right amount of flare without going
horizontal to IMM & kids, HoM, & seems like something else, but can't
think what right now.  Plus the combination of ruffles from it and
CELEBRATION SONG has given mondo ruffles, which I love, to the kids.

RENOWN gives width to some things, plus has added benefit of adding
rebloom potential, but hasn't provided an upgrade in form to the
IMM/HoM kids(my primary interest) so far.  The cross of it with HoM
gave worse form than HoM to most of the kids.

Those are the two I have the most experience with so far. I think.
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7