Re: CULT: Rebloom temperature
iris@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: CULT: Rebloom temperature
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 13:14:39 -0400

Thanks Ted - you are right on - those temperatures almost match the temperatures for Knoxville TN, which is 50 miles north of me. Their summertime average lows are just a degree or two below Knoxville's average - 67 in Porterville vs 69 in Knoxville in July. Now to find out what blooms at Porterville during August. Isn't that digging/replanting season? So they may not know. I guess I need to find a non-commercial gardener who grows a lot of newer rebloomers. ;-)

Stanton sent me a list of when their irises had bloomed in summer a couple of years ago. I can't find their mailing address - do you know what town they are near?

<Linda;

You might try comparing temps between Modesto, Ca and Porterville, Ca, Mike
Sutton is in Porterville and that is about 150 miles south of me.

Linda Mann east TN USA zone 7