Re: CULT: Rebloom, temperature
  • Subject: Re: CULT: Rebloom, temperature
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 16:07:45 -0400

For once, we have a readily testable hypothesis.  ;-)  :-)

Assuming the pod matures, has enough seeds, and there is decent germination/survival.

I'm assuming the heat island effect for you, Mike, would probably be the same as for me. So comparing our two nearest urban climate data ought to give comparable information, even tho the actual numbers would be different. I.e., if Porterville is 100 and Knoxville is 100, then your garden and mine might be 95. Or something like that.

What I'm looking for are irises that would be blooming in August at your place, Mike. Bud set in about mid July.

<I would suspect that the only rebloomers you would get from this cross would
be  rebloomers that would rebloom only in California.

Chuck Chapman>

Linda Mann east TN USA zone 7