Novelty Irises

Dorothy wrote:
>--actually, I kind of liked it, and was imaging "flat" bearded
>irises--6 falls, like JIs, but with the added interest of the beards. Very
>eye-catching!

     There are some "flat" bearded" TBs.  I grow two : UNFURLED FLAG and
IMPERSONATOR!  The do look like Japanese Irises with their six flat falls..
Does anyone know of other introduced.  Guess my personality naturally attracts
me to
the weird and unusual. <grin>

     Here's another project for you new hybridizers looking for a project!

   Bill Smoot - where there are thunderstorms in New Orleans and it's nice to
                         go outside and feel cool.