Re: Freaks -- Weather Damage

:In a message dated 96-05-30 18:11:56 EDT, you write:
:
:>
:>I agree with this observation. Iris growers as a group seem irrationally
:>determined to blame every cultural or environmental problem on the
:>cultivar that happens to be victim to it once or twice
:
:'Scuse me.... I don't think that's what's going on here.... I merely asked
:for the REASON why I was seeing what I was seeing... and was then asked for
:examples.
:
:Guess I'll go back to lurking......   oh boy!

Sorry, Kathy, that wasn't intended personally. My post was a response to
Sharon's, which was in turn a response to a post about which varieties
produce "freak" blooms and why hybridizers let them on the market. My
remark was not directed at you (or any particular person). It was just
an agreement with Sharon's observation that weather--rather than cultivar--
is the principal factor in this phenomenon.

Trust me, no attack was intended.