blaming the cultivar, stand-up TBs poll

Tom's point is sound, but those of us without the acres to conduct
statistically valid experiments it only highlights the extent of our severe
disadvantage.  Anecdotes from any list member more than welcome in this corner:
I won't be drawing any conclusions, I promise <BG>!

Speaking of anecdotal evidence, anyone have any outstanding performers to
mention in a very garden-important category that Carolyn S. brought up just
before the national convention: tall beardeds with the ability to stand up
without staking, even through weather?  BREAKERS was mentioned favorably, but
by now surely there are others that have proved to be stand-ups?   Citing
especially flop-prone cultivars would be helpful in its own way, but clearly

 Nell Lancaster, Lexington, VA   75500.2521@compuserve.com    USDA zone 6b