Re: blaming the cultivar

Tom said - > I'll now pick three of the ten to be resistant, and
>three to be susceptible.:
>cultivar: A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J
>year: 1         *           *  *
>      2         *  *     *  *        *
>You'd probably put A, B, and E in the resistant group, and C, D,
>G, H, and J in the susceptible group, right?
>It turns out I chose A, B, and C as the resistant ones,

So, the bottom line is that if I take a poll of what is resistant and plant
only the varieties that everybody says are resistant (A, B, and C), only 2/3
of the iris i spend my hard earned cash on will be resistant, whereas if i
buy them at random, about 3 out of 10 will be resistant.  Now exactly what
was the point you were making? <grin>

Linda Mann lmann76543@aol.com e tenn  usa