Re: Japanese iris in pots

I always grow special JIs and fall shipped JIs in pots for the first year.
 There's no real secret... just make sure your pot is large enough (ample...)
and deep enough - make sure you use a good quality soil - lightened up with
peat moss (FYI... many bagged soils seem to be rather alkaline...not good)...
and you might even put an inch or so of mulch on the top of the soil to help
it to retain moisture.  I know some people then sit their pots in shallow
water until new growth begins....  I just keep them well watered.

Did I answer????