Re: minimal petals

Jim (and others)

When I had my disaster with Roundup this is what the blossoms did.  I
sprayed them when the stalks were emerging and, although I was careful, I
thought, not to get the spray on the iris, the blooms looked like they were
blasted.  Simple question:  did they spray with Roundup or some such near
the Iris?

At 02:04 AM 5/30/96 MDT, you wrote:
>Help!  Some neighbors brought me a TB stalk with something I haven't
>seen before.  It had several "blooms" open, each with all of its
>falls, standards, and styles reduced to 1/8" or 1/4" wide sticks an
>inch or two long.  The stalk was otherwise normal, and they tell me
>that the foliage looked normal.
>
>Could some lawn or garden chemical do this?  _The World of Irises_
>mentions a blossom blight, Botrytis cinerea, but doesn't say enough
>to identify it.  Whatever it is seems to have gotten several of
>their plants and they would like to know what to do.  Any ideas?
>
>                                        --Jim
>__
>Jim Wilson, Miami Valley Iris Society, SW Ohio, USA, Zone 6a, AIS garden judge
>growing TBs, medians, SIBs, JIs, & a few SPU & species.   wilsonjh@muohio.edu

Lee DeJongh   Rhinelander Wis  Zone 3  AHS region 2  AIS region 8
-Answers $1, Short $5, Correct $25, dumb looks are still free-