Re: Japanese iris in pots

Kathy -- how to reduce alkalinity in potting soil?  With chemical fertilizers
at each watering or with the mulch/compost/peat/ added to potting soil?
Do you use a commercial potting soil "ready to use" or bagged top soil with
your own additives???  What do you do with the pots over the winter?  I can
regularly kill stuff in pots that I try to overwinter (this year some dahlias
will overwinter in pots, Can't compost 'em)  because of freeze-thaw.
How is your recovery from mole/vole infestation among your beardless?
Do you have survivals?
	What do you plan to do for this problem for the new winter (but this
will be the year won't have a winter in WNY!!) do you think leaving/putting
beardless in pots will prevent the mole/voles???  What does Hollinworth (sp)
do for them?  What about other folks around the nation on this problem??
	You thought the pests might be mice?? or am I not remembering right?
If mice, where did they come from?  In the city, fer sher we have rats and
stuff in the composts around the many backyards -- should I be doing anything
to preven mice/moles/voles???
	My beardless foliage is absolutely lovely -- TB's coming on this AM.
Carolyn Schaffner in Bright Beautiful Wisteria Wonderland or, to the
		folks not fortunate enuf to be here -- Buffalo in Bloom, NY