Re: Alaska iris reportreport

CEMahan@aol.com wrote:
> The wild irises of Alaska are almost certainly Iris setosa, the only species
> iris native to both Asia and North America.  This species also grows in
> Canada, including Eastern Canada (but Tony Huber reports that the smaller
> "Iris setosa" that grows in Eastern Canada may in fact be a separate species

Anyone know:

1. If setosa would grow in my zone 8 coastal, bay environs? (What that means is my attempt to define
a micro clime that is basically zone 8 but with moderated upper and lower temp ranges due to
proximity to the San Francisco bay)
2. A source of said setosa?

Thanks                   | "There be dragons here"
John                     |  Annotation used by ancient cartographers
John Jones, 35572 Linda Dr., Fremont CA, 94536
jijones@ix.netcom.com, USDA zone 8 (coastal, bay)