Re: Freaks & other irritations

Mike said -
>There are no 'black and white' villains or heroes in this phenomenon.

I disagree - the villain is not the plant, it's the weather and the garden
conditions (and even, heaven help us all, the gardener sometimes).  There are
some heroes out there - determined little cultivars that will always grow in
spite of all the villains they encounter.
I wouldn't send a handicapped child who couldn't see into a life threatening
situation that required sight - why would a hybridizer want to send one of
their beautiful handicapped children to die or have ugly deformed flowers in
my garden?

Linda Mann lmann76543@aol.com e tenn usa (grimly working on my final
'survivor' list, trying to decide if I really want to keep trying)