I. pseudavirgin

All:

<< Rodney, now I can subscribe to the distribution of the various species in
your message.  It was interesting that Bill Smoot believes he "may" have seen
I. virginica "virginica" in the Great Dismal Swamp.  I wish this could be
verified.  I have never found I. virginica of any type growing in the wild in
the marshy areas of northern VA.  Clarence Mahan in VA. >>

I think what you may have here is Iris pseudavirgin which is a natural hybrid
between I.  pseudacorus and I. viriginica.  It is  known to occur between the
Mississippi to the Potomac and north the the Ohio and south to the old
Cherokee River.  Collected selections offer possible gene sources for new
color breaks in pseudacorus hybrids.  Reports suggest good fertility.

Robert Turley