Freaks & other irritations

Can someone tell me why I'm seeing an extraordinary amount of 4 fall SDB's
this spring... and also some severely stunted IBs?  (where the height is
there, but the flower looks more like an SDB or MTB).  One friend suggested
that my "neighbors-from-hell" used Weed 'N Feed and the excessive rain washed
it into my garden.  Comments?
RARE EDITION was 10" high (with proportionally tiny flower), and SHOOTING
SPARKS has the same form and proportions of a perfect MTB.

I am currently descending into full tilt Iris Anxiety....  last year I wrote
a poem that started:

It's too cold
It's too hot
I know I've got some kind of rot

That is to say.... I worry about everything - too much or too little sun,
fertilizer, water, etc.  The anxiety ususally ends during peak bloom... then
starts up again when the borers and soft rot kick in.

Kathy Guest - frettin' in NY