Re: Hybridizing & Podlings

I didn't know the Dionne quints were identical!  Most high multiples
aren't.

> Not that I can imagine anything useful to do with twins once you
> had them.

Sure, just like in humans:  raise one in California, and the
other in New York, and remake "The Parent Trap".  Seriously,
in humans, twins are used to study the nature vs. nurture
question extensively.  Of course, humans can't be vegetatively
propagated, or cloned, or anything OTHER than sexual reproduction;
we have no hybrids :-)  I am not 100% sure that identical plant
twins (obtained when the fertilized embryo split very early
in the process), and vegetative clones, would have the same
sorts of relationships... can anyone answer?
--
Amy Moseley Rupp
amyr@mpd.tandem.com, Austin, TX, zone 8b