Re: Hybridization Techniques

Did you see Schreiner's demonstrate a crossing on Victory Garden this week?
(unless our PBS station doesn't run on the same schedule as the rest of the
world, a highly likely situation) It was simple as swiping the anther on the
moist lip!! very very sensuous.  My 7 year old watched the tour and discussion
of iris and became an expert instantly.  He has always been in the garden
with me but this talk was so clear and had so many examples of the distinctions
in colors that he could go into the garden and name them.
	At the end of the tour, the crossing was so casually done that I suspectthat the Schreiners don't much care what gets crossed with what -- anyone can
hybridize, try it you'll like it kind of attitude!!
Carolyn Schaffner in Buffalo, NY