Re: Garden Report,etc.

	Lee mentioned Trillium grandiflorum and he thought they grew in Mass.
	- yes, they are native to northeastern North America and I see them
	in the wild here in New Hampshire on my hikes and they are (used
	to be, at least) happily living and blooming in Western Mass. where
	I was born in the Berkshires. Too many people dig them up around
	here (a no, no) especially when they are dormant and kill them be-
	cause the tuberous rootstalks are easily damaged....at least the
	variety around here.

	Since this is an iris list - um, water those Siberians a lot
	especially if they are first year rhizomes....

	Ellen Gallagher    e_galla@moose.ncia.net  Zone 3, AIS Region 1 -
			   where the MASS Medley will soon be held.