Re: Historical iris

Well, how about that - the lady who lived here also had florentina or
albicans in her collection - I didn't try to describe it because it's way
past bloom now, and I didn't trust my memory completely.  So, I guess I won't
know for sure until it blooms again.

No guesses as to the pale lavender/red purple veined falls?  Its part of the
collection that she had.  Could it be I. amoena or I. neglecta?  She also had
a pale buff and pale pink that would probably have excited you historical
iris fans (ho ho, a pun!) that were more 'modern' - the grass ate them long
ago.

These pallidas have the papery spathes and intense knock you down fragrance -
does that mean they are fragrantissima?

Keep going Clarence and others - I will try to write up a little something to
give to the museum, if that's ok with you.

Linda Mann lmann76543@aol.com east Tennessee usa