Re: Californica X Siberians

>Dave:  I don't think the Cal-sibs will grow here... but the sino-sibs do!  I
>was warned not to buy any because we didn't have the right conditions - but
>the plants don't know it and are doing just FINE (I need to let Lorena Reid
>know).  I'm talking about DOTTED LINE, BUTTERFLY MODE and BOOP EYES.

Kathy and all--I have one Cal-sibe left out of 2 purchased and planted in
fall '94.  It is  an older one, HALF MAGIC, (Farmer '83).  It did bloom for
me last year--(enchanting!), but I cannot say it is very vigorous.  I also
purchased IN STITCHES (Reid, '87), which did not do as well from the
beginning and succumbed during our DRY fall last year without blooming.

In terms of sino-sibs I have BEAUTIFUL FORTY (Tamberg '93) which I purchased
directly from him and planted spring of '94.  It bloomed last year, and looks
fine again this year.  But, I also lost DOTTED LINE and YELLOW COURT after
buying and planting them in fall '95, so I can't say my success rate is real

Dorothy Fingerhood
Newfield, NY