Re: de-lurking and First Iris

Well, I'm embarrassed to admit, I have no idea what variety they are!  Where
I lived before, I had a large iris garden and knew them all by name, kept
records on how each variety bloomed, etc.... but we moved in the dead of
winter and I couldn't bring them with me.  (I moved all my irises and
daylilies with me the first time I moved! <g>)  Anyway, no sooner had we
moved in here when the neighbor came by and asked me if I like irises!  He
had been dividing up his beds and had 3-4 big boxes full of rhizomes that he
had no place for!  Needless to say, I was thrilled to take them.  But no
labels.  Even the colors were a surprise.   Even if I don't know what they
are, they're still beautiful!  :-)

Two blooms open yesterday.... now about 10 more today.... they will all bloom
in a big flood this year, I bet.  Spring was so late we thought it would
never come!

Julia