Re: Bloom Report

Hi all,
I've got MDBs, SDBs, and IBs, and MTBS all popping at once, but a few aborted
stalks due to that frost we had last week.  My first TB, which might be oldie
Royal Salute, is showing color on its terminal bud. The number of pinks and
plicatas I have have surprises me, I don't remember buying that many!
 Willott's SDB Blue-Eyed Maiden is a complex blend of pinks with a blue beard
and blaze, don't have its parentage, but I'm betting Chanted is in there.  L.
Miller's SDB Classy Babe is a pink with exceptional substance, color effect
intensified by a ray spot around the coral beard.  Hager's Opal Wings had
poor substance here last year and at the CA convention, is showing better
substance this year, with weather conditions very similiar to last year.
 This is such an interesting blend of peach and apricot that I've got my
fingers crossed that a more mature clump will have better substance.  It also
threw two stalks and made 9 baby fans its first year here.  I cut off and
gave away four fans last july and it's regrown those+ already.
(Remember, I have very poor soil, no time to fertlize)
L. Miller's Widow's Veil-red-violet, violet-black ray spot-starchy substance,
just the right amount of ruffling, color you could eat-buy it, buy it, buy
it!
MTB Carolyn Rose, near perfect to my non-judge's eyes-Bumblebee Deelite does
surpass it in form, but not vigor.  Am really looking forward to seeing
Frosted Velvet bloom the first time for me, can hardly wait for my order of
other classic MTBs to arrive so I can start dreaming of next year's bloom
too.  I guess Grandpa's Girl is a little leggy, but it makes a clump in 1
year, will give me tons to share this second year.  Reminiscence is busy
making baby increases all over it's rhizome-i should have a whole clump of it
next year too.
Gotta get outside!
kathryn, near Albany NY
kemohr@aol.com