re: ladybug law

Dear all,
        to get good info on whats happening with regards to biological
control including ladybugs, nematodes etc with regards to the law and
environmental concerns etc check out "Biologically Based Technologies for
Pest Control" published by The Congress of the United States, Office of
Technology Assessment. I assume you would be able to get something like that
from your local library. They list mail order info it costs $14 and the
phone number is (202)512-1800. Its an interesting document pointing out
potential problems with agents such as Bt (somebody mentioned this last
week)as weel as problems with converting biocontrol from research into
something we all use.

Simone Clark
Canberra Australia