Re: Californica X Siberians

Dave said - <Laurie Reid, Springfield, Oregon is doing some marvelous work
with calsibes and is getting some marvelous forms and combos, one of which is
"ORANGE!!!!">>
Are most/all/some of the calsibes fertile?  When we had some discussion
earlier about calsibs in the east, I got the impression that there isn't much
enthusiasm for them.  Are they not as pretty as the pacific coast iris or,
even worse, nearly as hard to grow?  Does anybody in the east grow them
commercially?  If they do well here, is anybody backcrossing with pacific
coast iris?

How does Laurie pronounce 'calsibe'?  (to avoid endless discussion of all
possible pronunciations....)

Linda Mann lmann76543@aol.com east tennessee usa