re: ladybug law

Nell said -
<< proposed regulation that would have pretty much shut down the beneficial
insect business.  But a mini-firestorm of protest from the businesses
involved and from organic growers got it revised to something reasonable.  It
wasn't the EPA itself but a division of the Ag department, I think.>>

Good grief.  Well, there are always at least two sides to an issue...Do you
know what the concern was?  I mean, to propose something that unpopular must
have had some reasoning behind it.  The only thing I can think of that might
be of concern would be beneficials that were a little bit too successful and
might displace rarer species in natural systems, ....insect or nematode
pseudacoruses.  Or maybe some kind of cost sharing that excluded beneficials
in favor of chemical control if it was USDA.

Linda Mann lmann76543@aol.com