Here we go again - maternal inheritance, podlings

Bill said - <The
fact that they share the same pod has no consequence on the result of the
pairing of chronosomes.>

And then there's that discussion we had about non-chromosomal inheritance,
which, if it exists, might influence inheritance through which way the
parents were crossed (who was the pod parent).

Also, seems like the vigor of different batches of podlings from year to year
could be very different depending on differences in the season (especially
here where no two springs have ever been alike) or even differences in
growing conditions in the soil, water etc.  Maybe not genetics - I keep
thinking about mammalian maternal effects on development and characteristics
- all those hormones and stuff - which may explain why non-identical twins
may seem to look more alike than other sibs.  mmph. This is hurting my only
two brain cells that are working this morning.

Linda Mann lmann76543@aol.com TN