Re: Here we go again - maternal inheritance, podlings

Gerry said -
>I wouldn't have thought that there was any doubt that it exists. Things
>like mitochondria and chloroplasts are inherited in a strictly maternal
>line.

The question wasn't so much whether there is maternal inheritance (at least
after we all shared what we knew about it), just how noticeable it would be
in iris offspring in terms of anything we care about - vigor, flower or stalk
characteristics, <<rot resistance>> (!!)  At least I think that's where we
wound up...  I think we decided it might happen, but nobody knew of any
conclusive research.

Speaking of podlings - I think there may be a pod or two forming out there!

Linda Mann lmann76543@aol.com east Tennessee usa