Re: borer control and I. pseudacorus

>Is it mostly in the South that I. pseudocorus is a problem?  I haven't heard
>of a problem up here.  I've grown I. pseudocorus for several years and my
>sister-in -law even longer.  It doesn't seed around or spread for us.

Tony Huber from Canda, who is the world's most knowledgeable authority on
native Canadian irises, advises that I. pseudacorus is a SERIOUS threat to
native American species (versicolor, setosa) in eastern Canada.  Clarence
Mahan in VA, who, forgive me Lee, is incredulous about pseudacorus not
setting seed in WI!