Re:... I. pseudacorus

	I assume (incorrectly ?) that the offspring of this yellow seed-
	thrower does the same thing? I have ordered ROY DAVIDSON,PSEUDACORUS
	BASTARDII and already have HOLDEN'S CHILD. Or should I assume that
	since they have at least one other parent (don't know about
	the BASTARDII), one should just take ordinary precautions with seed
	pods.....I try to be scrupulous with them anyway.
	Ellen Gallagher   e_galla@moose.ncia.net - Zone 3 where flowers are
				started to bloom - finally!!!

On Fri, 24 May 1996 CEMahan@aol.com wrote:

> >Is it mostly in the South that I. pseudocorus is a problem?  I haven't heard
> >of a problem up here.  I've grown I. pseudocorus for several years and my
> >sister-in -law even longer.  It doesn't seed around or spread for us.
> >

> Tony Huber from Canda, who is the world's most knowledgeable authority on
> native Canadian irises, advises that I. pseudacorus is a SERIOUS threat to
-> native American species (versicolor, setosa) in eastern Canada.  Clarence