Subs for I. pseduacorus

If you want to grow a pseudacorus like iris, the Clough family (Holden
Clough, Roy Davidson and Holden's Child) are not very fertile and should
be much easier to control that I. pseudacorus no matter how you pronounce
it.  I grow Roy Davidson and love it.  It is the most vigorous iris I
have.  I also have the "dwarf" form of I. pseudacorus. It doesn't seem to
set seed on it's own either.  This may actualy be a hybrid like the
Clough family.
If you want to get picky about using only natives, the native form of I.
virginica in the interior US is I. virginica var. Shrevei.  The typical
form is found on the East coast.

My I. versicolors (Claret Cup and Cat Mousam and the hybrid Mountain
Brook) were wonderful this year!  Cat Mousam is still blooming.  I grow
these in regular garden soil and they do just fine.  Their foliage holds
real well in our hot summers, better than both the Louisianas and the
bearded iris.

Rodney in Texas where Beverly Sills is on bloom #10!