Re: borer control and I. pseudacorus

At 06:04 AM 5/24/96 MDT, you wrote:

>Tony Huber from Canda, who is the world's most knowledgeable authority on
>native Canadian irises, advises that I. pseudacorus is a SERIOUS threat to
>native American species (versicolor, setosa) in eastern Canada.  Clarence
>Mahan in VA, who, forgive me Lee, is incredulous about pseudacorus not
>setting seed in WI!

Clarence

No apologies necessary.  I posted that before reading all my mail otherwise
I would have realized how dumb it was.  The reason it doesn't set seed,
which I realized after I posted it is because:

1.  It doesn't bloom very well for me.

2.  I pick the blossoms off.

That might be why it doesn't spread for me.  DUH! :-)
Lee DeJongh   Rhinelander Wis  Zone 3  AHS region 2  AIS region 8
-Answers $1, Short $5, Correct $25, dumb looks are still free-