Re: HUMOR Re: pseudacorus varieties

In a message dated 96-05-22 19:31:07 EDT, Rosie Haag wrote:

>How invasive would it be in Indiana?  Have a wild area on one side of our
>but don't want it to invade the other side.

Iris pseudacorus seems to like all areas in US except dry SW and moutains,
and will grow even in these areas.  I keep it under control by removing all
seed pods, which it produces in abundance.  An alternative I would suggest
for lakeside planting in Indiana is Iris virginica (or Iris versicolor).
 Clarence Mahan in VA