Re: HUMOR Re: pseudacorus varieties

>At a Virginia Native Plant Society program I attended replacement with I.
>versicolor was advised, so this is definitely the view of those who care
>about invasive species.
>Debbie Green in Williamsburg, VA

It is great to learn that our own Native Plant Society in VA is preaching the
correct doctrine!  Does the Society have any information on native stands of
I. versicolor or I. prismatica in VA?  I have not been able to locate
any...every time someone tells me there are native irises growing wild
somewhere it turns out to be I. pseudacorus or the Hexagonae species hybrid
that looks like and may be DORTHEA K. WILLIAMSON, neither of which are native
to Virginia.  Cheers, Clarence Mahan in McLean, VA