Re: borer control

> Dan -- Where are you located?  I have heard that the nematodes don't survive
> over the winter, at least here in zone 5/6.  What do the instructions on your
> package suggest?  What a wonderful idea, if it would work on borers!!
> Any mail order supplier??
> Carolyn Schaffner in smelly (lilac and lily of the valley at this nanosecond)           Buffalo, NY

Carolyn -- I don't have any way of knowing if thay are still active in my soil
or not, the sale's man that sold them to me said thay would die out slowly over
the next 3 or 4 years. So like the fool I am I took his word at face value,
(sales me don't lie do thay) It seem's that beds that I treated way back in the
summer of 1992 still have next to no damage while new beds have some.
   I like in Kansas City, Kansas Zone 5, TB peaked a few days ago, show this
sunday, have found borer sign on only 2 clumps so far this year.
                                          An Old Flower Child Dan.